Monday, March 16, 2009

Hot Peppers, Thomas Kinkade and repeats

It has been a while since I stopped by to update this blog on my progress with the blankets so I figured I better do an update this evening. Over the past couple of days I have received a couple of orders for blankets from the past. I have a request for another of the elephant walk blankets. So that material was ordered and surprisingly it arrived late this morning. I was able to take advantage of my Monday off and laid it out, put it together and completed it. So I can deliver it tomorrow. It is just as nice as the first one I did. I also had a request for a Thomas Kinkade blanket like one I made for my mother for Christmas. I was able to find the material over the weekend and I finished it this morning. It is two identical panels together so each side is the same. It is pictured here:




I also completed the Hot Pepper Blanket. This is a nice large soft blanket. The front is covered with red, green, yellow, orange peppers over a black background. I used a thick piece of black fleece for the reverse side. It turned out quite nice. Below are three views. First is the quarter view, second is a close up detail of peppers and the third image is a quarter view with the flap opened to reveal the black reverse side.







1 comment:

  1. these are great!

    we have four blankets by Granma Jim....we get the benefit of being family. :) these blankets are so snuggly and warm, without ever causing the user to get overheated. and that is a big plus, since our kids will kick most blankets off during the night when they get overheated. we haven't had that problem since christmas, when grandpa (i mean, grandma) jim gave the boys their Cars Roadway blankets. we also keep one of our other Grandma Jim blankets in the car during the colder months so the kids can keep warm while the car warms up and another is used for stroller rides. as soon as we started using it, there was no more complaining about it being too cold to go for a walk.

    i love these blankets. and i am really proud of you, daddy!

    ReplyDelete