Monday, March 2, 2009

Blankets Created By Grandma Jim

Recently I have taken to making double fleece tie blankets. First as gifts for friends and family. Then some of my co-workers told me they would buy blankets like that. So.... I decided to give it a go. I made a few blankets at first to practice and see if people liked them where I worked. I mean they liked the ones I showed them that I had made as gifts for friends and family. But would they like them enough to buy them.


I started off making some easy ones. Mostly plaids that are easy to layout and work with. Then I branched out to try some nice patterns. The first one I made was for my son. He is a die hard Chicago Cubs fan. It was a Christmas gift and he loved it. He actually uses it on his bed. So that went well.



Next I made a couple of blankets for my two grandsons.
The boyd got identical Disney Cars motif blankets with black reverse sides. They like them and Mom uses them all the time for outdoor use and for in the car. They also got a couple of Cars Roadway blankets for their beds. I even made one of those for someone where I work for her son. This is a colorful and fun piece of fleece and the little guys really like it.






I have made NFL (Redskins and Steelers) blankets. Those are a little more expensive because generally speaking the material costs alot more. But they are really nice and the blankets turned out great. Sold three of the Redskins so far. No takers yet for the Steelers blankets, but they are now on Ebay in my first forray into that jungle. Here are the two NFL blankets:

Redskins Steelers


I have even tackled the four services. I have made an Army blanket, a Navy Blanket, one for the USAF and two for the Marine Corps. Those four follow. And though I was in the Army for 20 years, the USMC blanket is pretty awesome looking.





These are pretty nice and they are very warm. Besides they look great. Show your colors guys and gals.

Now we are into the collegiate series also. So far VA Tech, Penn State and two different types for Pitt have been ordered and produced.





I have many more to show you and talk about. But that will have to wait until tomorrow.


For now take time to look this over and let me know your thoughts. Grandma Jim's fleece blankets are available. Just contact me.


More tomorrow and I will tell you where the name came from.

Grandma Jim out.




3 comments:

  1. I have purchased two blankets from GrandmaJim - one each of the Navy and Marine motif. Both blankets are extremely well made, very soft, and were delivered quickly. GrandmaJim is very easy to work with, and is very helpful in making suggestions for color matching of a backing color to complement the main pattern/motif.

    Tom Ballard
    Martinsburg, WV

    ReplyDelete
  2. I purchased the electric blue dog blankee from Grandma Jim as a birthday present for my 10-year-old Schnauzer, Buttons. She loves it. I drape it on "her" chair for day use, then bring it to bed at night. It it super soft and very warm. Also, it washes and drys beautifully! Thanks, Grandma Jim!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have purchased 3 blankets to date: both Pitt blankets, and a doggie blanket. Fantastic idea for gifts. But, you will find it difficult to part with them. The blankets are warm, soft, colorful, and make a perfect companion for those Saturday afternoon naps. Now, I am trying to keep our Jack Russells away from them.

    ReplyDelete