Friday, March 6, 2009

Another Day Another Blanket

Well, actually another couple of days and I have finished five more and am working on a sixth. Three of these are special orders. Two ladies I work with asked me to come up with something with an African motif for them. I searched the internet fabric sites for several days until I found a couple prints they liked. I then set out to produce a couple blankets they would be proud to display in their homes. The first one is called Elephant Walk print. It is a soft fleece material that looks very nice. I have teamed it with a solid color piece of fleece from Hancock Fabrics called Oak. The three views below are a full view of the fabric before it was cut and added to the reverse and tied. Then there is a quarter fold view and a quarter fold view with the corner turned back to reveal the reverse material.





The othe material is called African Safari and I also teamed it with the Oak material from Hancock Fabrics.





These two blankets are approximately 48 inches wide by 74 inches long.

I also completed a spexcial order for a baby blanket that is about 48 inches square. It was made with a pretty brown and pink plaid with a light pink reverse. The plaid will match the color scheme of the baby's room. Below are a couple photos of the blanket.


Grandma Jim Out.


No comments:

Post a Comment