Monday, April 6, 2009

Busy Weekend with Results

This weekend was a very busy weekend. I setup 10 blankets to work on over the next week or so on Friday night and Saturday after I got in a round of golf. I started working on blankets Saturday afternoon and just sort of continued until after the NCAA semifinal games were done. And then again yesterday.

I finished a couple blankets that have already been shown on here and three new ones that I will show here. The first one is a print of wild horses. A couple people have asked about blankets featuring horses, So I made one. The two views that follow are a standard quarter view folded and a quarter view with the reverse revealed by turning up the corner. This blanket is a standard twin bed size (48" x 74").


Quarter View


Quarter view corner view

I recently saw some really nice Breast Cancer Awareness (Survivor) material with embroidered roses and ribbons on a pink background, so I ordered enough to make several blankets. I had just finished making two Breast Cancer Survivor blankets (for relatives) and wanted to make a few more. These all turned out very nice. Each blankets is done with a matching light pink reverse side. I completed four of these this weekend and have one left to complete. One is already spoken for by a friend where I work. These are a little smaller than my normal size blanket. Each of these is around 66" long by about 48" wide. A nice size for most ladies. Below are two photos of one of the four finished this weekend.


Quarter view corner view

Quarter view


Two weeks ago I found some cute material for toddlers with embroidered teddy bears on it. I have three of these. I have only completed one and will finish the other two this week. These blankets are more for the baby and or toddler. I am trying a new material for the reverse side on these. This material is called whisper fleece. It is a thick long napped material that is very soft. These may be the softest blankets I have made to date. When done, I will have a blanket with a baby blue reverse, a mint green reverse, and a white reverse. The two photos below show the quarter view and a closeup of on of the embroidered teddy bears.

Quarter View

Closeup of Embroidered Teddy Bear

Until the next time.

Grandma Jim out.


1 comment:

  1. I purchased the horse print blanket on 4/7. It is beautiful. I really love it. The quality is far superior to the store variety.
    JDS

    ReplyDelete